Pachmarhi comes under the Pachmarhi Cantonment Board of the Indian Army and is widely popular as “Satpura Ki Rani” (Queen of Satpura). It shares its border with Vindhya and Satpura ranges that are blessed with abundant natural beauty. The place has several waterfalls, lakes, streams, and lush green valleys that can make your holidaying experience in Pachmarhi delightful. Also, there are many hotels, movie halls, local market, club house and even golf course (for the use of military personnel) to offer tourists a comforting environment on their trip.
There are several things that make Pachmarhi a destination worth visiting like;
- Pachmarhi is a place popular attractions for an assortment of reasons, which include:
- Pachmarhi includes 5 Pandav cave shelters that house the oldest drawings, which are thought to be 10,000 years old.
- The Pandava siblings of Mahabharatha are thought to have constructed these tunnels during the fourteen-year exile.
- The Pachmarhi Military barracks Board, Indian Army, is already in charge of the region surrounding Pachmarhi.
- It is Madhya Pradesh’s sole hill resort, positioned at a height of 1,067 feet inside the Satpura Range.
- UNESCO added Pachmarhi to the list of Biodiversity Hotspots in May 2009.
- Pachmarhi is created from the Hindi languages Panch (five) plus Marhi (Caves).
- Dhupgarh lies next to Pachmarhi and it is believed to be the tallest mountain inside the Satpura hills.
- This area has been utilized for the filming of blockbusters including such Ashoka, Tarkieb, Chakravyuh, and the others.
- Its lush forested trees allow visitors to view wild rattan, blackberry plantations, Laurel trees, as well as exquisite bamboo undergrowth with plenty.